What features are you working on? (FIPs)
FIO documents all of it’s development work in Github. You see and comment on all of the FIO Improvement Proposals (FIPs).
Here is the current list as of 9-17-2020
|FIP-1||FIO Domain/FIO Address transfer and data purge||Accepted|
|FIP-2||Improvements to paging via API||Accepted|
|FIP-3||Provide ability to cancel a request for funds||Accepted|
|FIP-4||Provide ability to remove pub address from the FIO protocol for a user||Accepted|
|FIP-6||Transfer locked tokens||Accepted|
|FIP-7||Provide ability to burn FIO Address||Accepted|
|FIP-8||Public Address Request||Draft|
|FIP-9||Allow voting and proxying without a FIO Address||Accepted|
|FIP-10||Redesign Fee Computations||Accepted|
|FIP-11||Ehnhance bundled transaction usability||Accepted|
|FIP-12||Move action whitelisting into state||Accepted|
|FIP-13||Ability to retrieve all public addresses for a FIO Address||Accepted|
|FIP-14||Ensuring API response data integrity.||Draft|
|FIP-15||Chain and token code standard||Draft|
Everyone is encouraged to review existing FIPs and provide feedback.
- If you’re not yet sure if your idea should a FIP, start by opening a Github issue and create your FIP draft there first to ask for feedback from the community.
- To propose a FIP, fork this repository and create a pull request for your FIP with status Draft. The FIP number can remain undetermined at this stage. Use the fip-TEMPLATE.md file as your starting point and see Successful FIP includes for what a FIP should contain. Also, use existing FIPs as examples.
- Repo custodians will review the FIP PR and comment. Once comments have been addressed, the FIP will be merged to Master with the status Draft.
- Reach out to the community and solicit feedback on your FIP.
- Continue to update your FIP based on community feedback and submit pull requests as needed. Once you feel the community has contributed and the FIP is ready, creare a pull request to update the status to Accepted.
- Once repo custodians accept your FIP, you can code your solution and submit pull requests to the relevant repo.
- After the code has been merged and deployed to Mainnet, the status will be changed to Final.
Discussing a FIP
Create an issue describing the FIP or section of a FIP you would like to open up for discussion. Assign it to the author of that FIP.